Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Message From Bill

My dearest friend of a thousand years has been encouraging me to listen to Crosby, Stills and Nash on Pandora. I'm a paying subscriber, because of its flexibility to my moods, so had been planning on getting around to it (really I was). Then I got two more nudges from other places to listen to Crosby, Stills and Nash. It was a quorum, and so today I plugged in CSN and within minutes realized that the music was speaking to me in a very specific way today. And so, with thanks to Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young, Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, The Zombies, and the Beatles:

The Message

Just a song before I go.
Carry on.
If you can't be with the one you love,
Honey, love the one you're with.

Never going back again
Running on empty.
Jackson Brown in my dreams.
If I can get you to smile before I leave--
--Can't you see the sunshine?
--Can't you just feel the moonshine?
I'm dying ain't I?
I'm on the dark side of the moon.
It's the time of the season for loving.

To everything, there is a season.
Turn, turn, turn
A time to every purpose under heaven.
You were going your way;
I was going mine.
Can this road be taken at all?

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again.
Get back to where you once belonged.
There is that fine sense of humor when I'm feeling down.
Crazy love.
Nobody left to please.
Bye bye, baby.
Know I love you.
Write if you think of it.


No comments: