Sunday, October 10, 2010

10:10 on 10/10/10

Happy 10 day everyone! I hope it is the beginning of an auspicious time for you! For me, today felt like the beginning of a new cycle of accomplishment. I haven't check my horoscope, but I'm pretty sure things are turning around and moving in a very positive direction.

Today, I could procrastinate no longer. I finally got into the camper. The bad news is that there was one section of a cabinet shelving under the sink that had to be completely torn out because it was saturated with rodent waste. I also found the packet of D-Con that I had left in the camper on Thursday -- totally empty. So now I assume there are dead rodents in the camper somewhere. I completely vacuumed out the floor and cabinet space and left another packet of D-Con in it just in case Ben and his friends are still looking for food.Tomorrow or the next day, I will empty everything out to go searching for the bodies.

The good news is that none of the wiring appears to have been gnawed on. I plugged in the 30 amp cord and ran lights with no issues.

While I worked on the camper, Josh tinkered on the truck. He got so much accomplished today! He replaced the heater core and turn signal switch, got the radio and rear window working, and fixed the ignition so that the key doesn't stick in it, along with ensuring we can lock the doors until he can replace the actuator switches on the door locks. He's been studying the Hayne's manual most of the evening to figure out the next things he wants to tackle. He reminds me so much of my father sometimes, it's uncanny. Tomorrow I will take the truck in for a brake check, new shoes and temporary registration. You'll know it's me because I'll be wearing my hat!

No comments: