Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Into Theater

One of the things I did to get myself out of the house and back into the world was to buy a subscription to the season at the Arvada Center, and tonight was one of my seven theater nights. The featured play was an adaptation of a French boudoir farce, The Ladies Man, performed by the company from the world famous Creede Theater in southern Colorado. The dialogue and the action were quick and sharp, with set and costumes reminiscent of a late 19th century melodrama, really well-done except for some very strange placement of paintings on the wall.

I, unfortunately, fell asleep for about a third of the first act and spent a good part of the second act writhing in my seat, unable to get comfortable enough to sit still. I was grateful that I was sitting in the very back row of the small theater and not too close to anyone, because my behavior was annoying! I guess you could say that I was resisting!

The Creede Theater Company does a wonderful job, and I am putting a trip to Creede to see one of their productions in-house on my To Do list; but neither my head nor my heart was in it tonight. I would rather have been home in bed. Which is where I am going now.

No comments: