Saturday, October 9, 2010

Somewhat Daily Dose of Wow! 100910

Yeah. I know. I really haven't been doing that good of a job with this department. It isn't that I haven't had any moments of Wow! I really do have them daily...

This morning, in the early morning light on the young trees in our neighborhood, I could see the future. The golds, reds, yellows, and oranges that will make up the canopy of maples, locusts, aspens, and assorted fruit trees that are now just beginning to reach towards the eaves of the houses in this relatively new subdivision. In the tomorrow I saw, these trees are grown tall and wide, providing shade and privacy for the humans, and homes for dozens of species of birds that pass through here (and a few squirrels -- preferably in the neighbor's yard). There are swings and tree houses braced by strong limbs in that future, and initials carved in trunks. I don't know if I will get to see it all come to pass, but the little glimpse I got was pretty nice.

No comments: