Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daily Dose of Wow! 090110

The other day, I was watching some trash TV on MSNBC - a documentary on the Charles Manson murders - and believe it or not, it was Charles Manson who said something that made me go "Wow!" In light of the religious cult nature of his clan, he was asked about religion and his beliefs. He replied, "I only believe what I am told to believe. Don't you?" The profoundness of it stunned me. What do I believe? Is it only what I have been told? And why should I trust someone else more than myself when it comes to what I believe (current craziness excepted)? Discuss amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

Lissa Forbes said...

Reminds me of something I wrote three years ago:
http://theelementalpress.blogspot.com/2007/07/learning-to-hear-your-own-voice-have.html

Might be worth visiting.
laf